On-site Data Destruction Services
Find a vendor who can provide on-site hard drive destruction services for companies that must meet stringent data security and regulatory compliance requirements. When data-bearing equipment of a firm leaves the company's premises, any complete data still remaining on such equipment becomes susceptible to exposure and might put the company at risk of a potential data breach scenario.
Secure Chain of Custody
Security of data-bearing assets must be ensured if on-site hard drive destruction is not possible. Choose a vendor that provides an unbroken chain of custody from collection to transportation to disposal. Decide up front who will have access to the equipment and how it will be managed from the time it is picked up until it is processed.
Various data-carrying devices are common in most businesses. Choose a data deletion company that provides a variety of services to meet your needs, such as:
- There are both small and large data storage devices.
- Disk drives, both external and embedded
- Tapes for Backup purposes
- Magnetic and solid state hard drive destruction services are available for secure hard drive disposal.
- Drives and media that run on solid state technology
- Networked storage devices (SANs) and storage arrays
- Disk drives with optical storage (CDs and DVDs)
- Hard drives can be recycled, resold, or destroyed with the help of GP's data destruction services . All of our hard drive destruction services and equipment are capable of supporting both small and big data destruction operations.
Additionally, a provider should be able to provide expert advice on how best to erase digital data. . Your data security standards will be met while a knowledgeable provider saves you money on data destruction.
- Your existing circumstances, your privacy policies, the type and volume of storage device (loose or in-machine), as well as if you desire to reuse or recycle the equipment, should be discussed one of our Data Destruction Advisors . GP can help you find a cost-effective and secure solution adapted to your individual needs.
Inquire about the vendor's rules on personnel training and calibration of data destruction equipment and software before you sign on the dotted line. Take note that technicians are only as good as the data eradication method they're entrusted with.
- At GP, we've dealt with many kinds of data security requirements, so you can rest assured that we'll help you select the most appropriate and secure method of data deletion for your business.
It is impossible to stress the importance of a standardized and recorded process. Data breaches from decommissioned IT systems rarely raise immediate concerns. Your company's ability to show that it took adequate steps when the asset was retired and disposed of will be critical if a stray hard disc with data is discovered five years down the road.
- GP adheres to industry and government standards to ensure that all digital data is destroyed and that no storage device is left out of the process. Our audited protocols ensure that your company's privacy and corporate brand are protected while handling your IT assets that are no longer operational.
Confirm that a vendor's data destruction facility has implemented physical security measures, such as background checks and drug screenings, before destroying any data there. A visit to the facility can be a vital step in verifying that your assets and data are safe and secure.
- GP facilities are monitored and restricted, assuring the highest level of security for your data-bearing assets before they are destroyed. Before processing can commence, all assets are kept safe and secure. This includes physical barriers, intrusion alarm systems, CCTV surveillance, restricted access to the facility, stringent visitation controls and restricted storage, and 24/7 security personnel armed with metal detectors in addition to strategically placed lights and alarmed peripheral exits. To ensure the safety of the company's clients, all new hires undergo background checks and IT security standards.
In the event of an audit, the ability to generate written processes and evidence that these processes were regularly followed will be crucial. Proof points include certificates of data destruction and audit trail documentation. Request a certificate of data destruction regardless of the method used to remove the data.
- GP's online inventory module, accessible to customers through the GreenPlace Portal, tracks all products received for data deletion. Data-bearing assets can be tracked, monitored, and reported on by clients. No matter what type of destruction service is used – data erasure, on-site destruction, witnessed destruction, or plant recycling – certificates of data destruction can be issued.
End-of-life electronics management for enterprises comes with a unique set of concerns, including those related to the environment and data security. Make certain that the vendor you choose provides you with protection in the event that your electronics are mishandled.
- GP provides an additional layer of safety for our clients by carrying pollution liability and cyber security insurance. To show our dedication to safeguarding our clients' interests and safely managing their retired assets, we keep this insurance in force.
Select a service provider with in-house service management. Retired electronic devices can be processed by a company that can provide a full range of processing services, which reduces the need for an organization to rely on a third-party partner to process the devices.
- When it comes to IT asset disposition and electronics recycling, GP has a wide range of capabilities to provide. We offer data destruction services for a wide range of storage devices and provide these services at your location and also at our processing facilities.
Keep Your Data Safe & Secure
Your organization generates data on a daily basis; data that drives your competitive edge and propels your business ahead.
However, the same data left on retired IT systems can cause a data catastrophe. At GP, we recognize the crucial importance of ensuring the security of all data, including information about decommissioned assets. Our services guarantee the security of your data on depreciated assets and include:
- On-site hard drive degaussing and destruction
- secure recycling facility staffed by vetted personnel
- certified and documented processes
This stops your business from becoming a statistic and secures the data held on your retired IT devices.